Friday 8 November 2013

Still on track!

 
Its been a while since my last update, but I'm glad to report that I'm smashing last year figures.
There has only been one month, May, where I didn't hit my monthly goal of 132 miles but that was down to my dodgy knee keeping me off the bike for a few weeks.
But my monthly average is at 157 miles, which I'm pleased about.
 
A lot of the extra miles have been cycling to my new job, it's about 4 to 6 miles depending upon which route I take. During the summer I can't think of a better way to end a day at work than a nice bike ride with part of it along the coast.
It wasn't so nice last week when it was dark and I had a basic light. There are two types of lights, see and be seen.
I had a "be seen" light and I was confident other cars could see me, but it was a bit of guess work along some of the country lanes I go down.
Since then I have borrowed Haribo Joe's Hope Vision One light and it makes a massive difference, I could see where I was going.
 
I have been for a couple of rides with the local cycling club www.fareham-wheelers.org.uk/ which was really good. Nice to find some new routes and get the experience of riding in a group, which is quite daunting. There are usually only about 12 people in a group, so you have to be careful about what other riders are doing but you do get dragged along at a good speed.
 
I used to go to the doctors to get weighed, but I haven't been for a few months, but I'm confident that I'm still losing weight, or maybe my clothes have just got that little bit bigger.
I've almost reached the worst part of losing weight where I need to go shopping for new clothes, can't think of anything worse.
 
It is getting harder to get out due to the weather but I just need to man up and deal with the rain, you can only get so wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment