Tuesday 9 October 2012

Wet and wild ride!!

Horrible ride in the rain this evening, and it got dark at the end, but burnt over 700 calories so well worth it after a quick shower.

I knew it was the only chance of getting out this week so gutted that it kept raining.

The route I took is a 4.4 mile loop which I do 2 or 3 times depending upon time.
I need to change it slightly for evening rides because a short stretch is narrow without street lights and is a rat run for cars.
I've set up 2 segments on Strava where I go for it, they both take about 2 minutes. This really gets the heart going.

You want to find a route that will take 40 - 60 minutes.
By choosing a loop that takes 20 minutes means that you can easily do a bit extra on a good day while still having a worthwhile ride.
Record your times and keep trying to beat them.

Start slowly, the stamina will build up and before you know it you'll be enjoying nice long rides while losing loads of weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment